Personal Data Protection Policy
At MC Corporate Consultant Sdn Bhd (803511-X) and our subsidiaries, we are committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia (“PDPA”). This Policy explains:
- The type of personal data we collect and how we collect it.
- How we use your personal data.
- The parties that we disclose the personal data.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal data.
Personal Data We May Collect from You
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- Personal information to establish your identity and background, such as your full name, identity card number, nationality and religion.
- Contact information such as billing address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Additional information such as guardian(s) full name, identity card number, mobile phone number.
- Payment information such as your bank account information, including the account’s name, card number, billing address, expiry date and other bank account details.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorised representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include (but is not limited to):
- When you register for our services (for instance, when you submit an application form to become our student).
- When you contact us in person, by a phone call or over the counter (for example, when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedback, we may keep a record of that correspondence).
- When you participate in surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, or promotions done internally or via an appointed third party.
- When you interact with us via google form for registration.
- When you visit or browse our websites.
- When you interact with us via social media or interactive applications, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- From such other sources where you have given your consent to disclose personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
Use of Personal Data Collected
You agree that we may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity.
- To manage and maintain your account or subscribe with us.
- To notify you concerning benefits and changes of services.
- To provide and improve our services to you, including fulfilling audit requirements, billing for services, and facilitating payments.
- To carry out your instructions or respond to any inquiries, complaints, comments, or feedback you have submitted to us.
- To protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us.
- To compile information for analysis and in reports for relevant regulatory authorities.
- To transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under your agreements with us.
- To update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records.
- To administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions.
- To produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual.
- To conduct research for analytical purposes, including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us.
- To assess financial and insurance risks.
- To conduct surveys and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us.
- For internal management of the services being provided to you.
- To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes.
- To provide training for our staff.
- To conduct marketing and information technology activities (for instance, market research).
- To persons identified as you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant to the relevant transaction or enquiry.
- To third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) for any of the purposes described above. We disclose your personal data to third parties, and we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us.
- For any other purposes required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
With Whom We Share Your Personal Data
As a part of providing you with our services and the management or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- Federal or state government.
- Law enforcement agencies.
- Government agencies.
- Companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested.
- Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal data.
If Personal Data Provided by You Is Incomplete
Where indicated in our application or registration forms manually or electronically, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to enable us to process your application for our services. Should you fail to provide complete and obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with our services.
Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
We can assist you to access and correcting your personal data held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not kept abreast, you may make a request to us via our Feedback and Complaint on our apps or Contact any of our support team via WhatsApp respectively.
How Long Will We Keep Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with MC Corporate Consultant Sdn Bhd or its subsidiaries for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of MC Corporate Consultant Sdn Bhd or its subsidiaries and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by MC Corporate Consultant Sdn Bhd or its subsidiaries’ relevant policies.
How We Protect and Safeguard Your Personal Data
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data and keep your personal data secured. This includes adhering to our security procedures (such as checking your identity when receiving calls from you). Our site may link to other websites, and we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures, or content.
Transfer of Your Personal Data Outside Malaysia
Any personal data you volunteer to us will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly according to the PDPA 2010. It may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or business partners are involved in providing part of services are located in countries outside Malaysia. Your consent to us transferring your personal data outside Malaysia are in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any, such service providers or business partners are contractually bound not to use your personal data for any reason other than to provide the services we contract them to provide and to safeguard your personal data adequately.
By submitting your personal data, you consent to use the personal data as set out in this Policy. An amended version of the Policy will be published should there be any changes to the Policy. In addition, an email requesting a copy of the Policy will be entertained. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
Our Contact Details
MC Corporate Consultant Sdn Bhd (803511-X) or its subsidiaries is committed to protecting your personal data. If you have questions or comments about MCPlus administration of personal data relating to subscription, do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact us via the aforementioned channel.